Vancouver’s Hiking Group
UPDATE: The mailing list is OPEN once again! As of March 31, 2022, the Wanderung mailing list may be used to organize trips again.
Please note that we have a few new interim rules for everyone to follow as the pandemic is not yet over:
- Masks must be worn at all times when carpooling;
- Drivers can put a limit on the number of passengers they are comfortable taking (please let organizers know in advance);
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, cold, flu, etc.
Please re-familiarize yourself with the rules of the list and other useful info before you go:
- List rules: https://wanderung.ca/join/list-rules/
- Organizer guide: https://wanderung.ca/callout/organizer-guide/
- FAQ: https://wanderung.ca/faq/
We thank you for your patience and look forward to hearing about your trips!
Do you want to explore the BC wilderness, but don’t know who to go with, where to go, or what to do? Then Wanderung is for you.
Wanderung is an email-based mailing list that can help you connect with others for hiking, snowshoeing, XC-skiing and cycling trips.
- The Wanderung mailing list has over 3,600 subscribers in and around Vancouver.
- Every year Wanderung subscribers organize over 200 outdoor adventures using the mailing list.
- Any subscriber can organize a hike, or join another subscriber’s hike.
- Wanderung is 100% free.
Wanderung is optimized for people who want the freedom to quickly organize hikes when they want, where they want, and with whoever they want.
You do not have to be an organizer to enjoy the list. Most subscribers simply join hikes already organized by other subscribers, thereby enjoying the wide variety of trips that are offered.
Although Wanderung is 100% free to join, you must be prepared to share transport costs, vehicles and equipment. Subscribers are also asked to follow our rules.